Monday, July 19, 2010

Jumbled up

I have been a sports performance coach (or strength coach to some) for the past 8 years now. It has been a long, winding road filled with some amazing successes and also some pungent failures along the way. Somehow throughout the last 8 years, I have managed to persevere in this sometimes fickle and brutal industry to achieve some level of success - my own training business, Fury Performance Training.While I think FPT is on the verge of doing some big things in the Chattanooga training market, this is not really the reason I have chosen to create this blog.

1) To be honest, the kicker that forced me to start blogging was the sheer ease of it all - the ability to blend thoughts, articles, pictures, videos etc... all into one place. I had been experimenting with a traditional newsletter (complete with its own snazzy template) but I started to find it too limiting - I was beginning to spend more time editing the darn thing than thinking about the content! Even though the ol' FPT newsletter was getting good reviews from my 40 or so loyal suscribers, this month's issue will be the last. I think that taking the leap into the vast blogo-sphere will allow me to write and process info in real time and probably allow me to stop sending Jill and Blaes constant emails every time I find something cool for them to read.

2) Sports performance (strength & conditioning or whatever you want to call it) is becoming a blog based business these days. I have 7 blog subscriptions and counting on my tool bar and I am sure there are more to come. Many of the top coaches have blogs these days and they are an amazing resource if you take the time to read them. While my reputation pales in comparison to some of my fellow bloggers, I figured now is as good time as any to get started on my contribution to the performance blog trend.

3) In the past few months, FPT has really taken on a life of its own. While this is cool and pays the bills, you may notice that this blog is not devoted to all things FPT. Shameless plug alert - go be a fan of FPT on Facebook! While I will post FPT related stuff here, this blog is my actual training "voice".  Recently, I decided that I have something to add to the industry, my own content and spin on things. I have been a voraciously consuming all things performance-related and the info digestion process has resulted in some pretty cool stuff in my mind. However, my brain needs to shift over into production mode soon before it all gets lost in the synapses. Hence the title above...

So many thoughts...in danger of getting all jumbled up...

No comments:

Post a Comment