Saturday, May 7, 2011

Training Log: 4/25 - 4/30

Monday - ME LB
Warm Up - SFMA Drills (MSF, MSE, Rotation)
DB Hip Thrusts 8 x 10 x 40lb on each hip
Cool down - Ran out of time

Notes: I didn't have time to set up for barbell hip thrusts so I had to go DB's instead. As I have continued to experiment the SFMA drills, my R glute has been firing better and I have been having much less knee pain. I can almost do a freestanding squat with no pain. SUPER EXCITED!

Tuesday - ME Upper Body
Warm Up -SFMA Drills (MSE & Thoracic Mobility)
Standing Military Press
5 x 75, 95, 115, 135
3 x 150, 175
1 x 185
Charlie Weingroff Push Ups 5 x 10 (Chin Ups x 2 + 20lbs)
Band Rows 5 x 10 (Chin Ups x 2 +20lbs)
Bi's & Tri's x 4 x 10 each x 95lbs
Cool down - Ran out of time...

Notes: I was pretty strong on Military Press but CW push ups (hand floor spread + glute lock + head tuck) were really hard. I recommend that your try them if you are looking for a challenge.

Wednesday - Cardio & Work Capacity
Warm Up - None
Stepper x 30 minutes x Level 15 Intervals
Cool down - None

Notes:

Thursday - Explosion
Warm Up -
KB Swings 10 x 35, 45 , 60, 60, 60
Box Jumps 5 x 10

Cool down

Notes:

Friday - RE Lower Body
Warm Up - None
Plate Good Morning 3 x 10 x 45lb
Lateral Lunge 3 x 5 x BW
Vertical Pallof Press 3 x 10 each side x Red Tube
Body Saws 3 x 10
MB Twist Pass 3 x 10 each side x 10lbs
Hanging Leg Raise 3 x 10

Cool down -None

Notes: I have been continuing to work on "spreading" the floor on Good Mornings - it really places the emphasis on the hamstrings and gets the rear kinetic line stretched out. My experience with the SFMA flexion drills has told me that this is a big problem with the R knee.

Saturday - OFF

Notes: I was up in Nashville all day and didn't get any work in. I probably needed the day off anyways...oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment