Monday, February 28, 2011

The Tough Mudder Training Files - Week 8

Weeks until I get dominated - 2!


Monday - Heavy
ReverseLunges w/ DB's 5x 5-55lbs, 4x 60-65lbs, 3x 70-75lbs, 2x 80-85lbs

Training Result - I felt pretty solid through 55lbs but really had to focus after that to get clean reps. My legs have been barking pretty good for two days straight. Making me really look forward to my stepper workout today (Wednesday)

Tuesday - Heavy UB
Chin Ups - 10x BW, 3x3 + 10lbs (TRX Dips 3 x 5)
This is how I felt after 9 miles...
1 Leg TRX Rows 3 x 5 each leg (TRX Y's 3 x 10, Feet Elevated TRX Push Ups 3 x 10)
DB Thrusters 3 x 10 x 30lb DB's (Plank Sled Drags 3 x 20 yds)

Training Result - This workout was designed by a new trainer that will be working out of my facility in the coming months - it was her "practical" so to speak. TRX Dips - not a fan because the buckles chew up your triceps. I also didn't do so hot on the plank sled drags - that's pretty tough. Proof positive that active plank work is a good test of true core function. I can hang on strictly core exercises but need work on applying it into live situations. Good thing to have found out.


Wednesday - Stepper
30 Minutes x Level 15 x Random & Hills

Training Result -With some soreness left over from Mondays workout - this was pretty rough. I was hanging onto the rails just to survive for the last 10 minutes! Whew...

TRX Dips = Triceps Bruises = What the bleep!

Thursday - Bike, Core, & Flex/Mob
30 Minutes x Level 20 x Random.

Training Result - Level 20 on this bike was ridiculous! I barely survived again. I didn't do any extra core this week because I ended up demoing Pot Stirs and other core fun for several clients who hadn't done them yet.

Friday - Off
I took an unplanned off day - I just got busy and couldn't get into training. I guess I also figured a nine mile run the next day would probably go better if my legs were fresh.

Training Result -NA

Saturday - LSD (Long, Slow, Distance) Training Run
9 Miles - 100 mins

Training Result - There just isn't anything I can say about running 9 miles except it sucks...ALOT...My feet and knees were done by the end of this one which mean my shoes are done too. They are getting chucked after the race itself. Speaking of the race - I am officially ready to race to get going on it. Some of the cardio I am doing is just not for me...


Sunday - Recovery (Various Mobility & Flex Work)

Training Result - I am definitely planning on a good lower body recovery session. I can feel soreness creeping in already from that damn run today.


Previous Series Posts

2 comments: